top of page
Sir Winston Churchill & Wills Hall
Wills Hall was officially opened on 14 December 1929 by the Rt Hon. Winston Churchill, the day after he had been installed as the third Chancellor of the University. He cut a ribbon across the driveway, supported by a ‘bodyguard’ of the University's First XV, and then a contingent of Wills residents ‘chaired’ him shoulder-high in Old Quad.
bottom of page